• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup to FTP repository runs every 15 min.

G

greenergrad

I scheduled an FTP backup last weekend to run daily at 2am but when it kicked off, at 2am, it kept restarting every 15 minutes. My host (Media Temple), my IT staff, and the colo vendor hosting our FTP server all looked into it and the only thing they can come up with is a Plesk error. The MT tech staff confirmed that the schedule was set properly but they detected that backupmng was running every 15 minutes to check on pending backup job but was actually running the scheduled job on each pass. These 15 min. passes coincided with the FTP activity on the remote server.

MT suggested I post here to see if this might be a known problem with Plesk 8.6 on their CentOS 5.2 distros. I need the FTP function to work. What can be done?

Hello,

Please, check the cronjobs:

# crontab -l

Then please, check the Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) database tables BackupsScheduled and BackupsSettings far active tasks:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

mysql> select * from BackupsScheduled;

mysql> select * from BackupsSettings;

Thank you

Results

NOTE: The FTP job has been disabled until this can be resolved.

Output of crontab -l:
12,27,42,57 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Output of select * from BackupsScheduled;:
+----+--------+----------+------------+---------------------+--------+--------+-----------+-------+--------+---------------------------+---------+------------+
| id | obj_id | obj_type | repository | last | period | active | processed | files | prefix | email | objects | split_size |
+----+--------+----------+------------+---------------------+--------+--------+-----------+-------+--------+---------------------------+---------+------------+
| 1 | 1 | domain | ftp | 2009-07-18 02:00:00 | 86400 | false | false | 30 | bak_ | [email protected] | 1 | 0 |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Output of select * from BackupsSettings;:
+------+--------+-----------------------------+-------------------------+
| id | type | param | value |
| 1 | domain | backup_ftp_settingtab | ftp |
| 1 | domain | backup_ftp_settinghost | ******** |
| 1 | domain | backup_ftp_settingdirectory | . |
| 1 | domain | backup_ftp_settinglogin | ******** |
| 1 | domain | backup_ftp_settingpassword | ******** |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)