• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Backups Duplicated? Space issues.

Bob K.

New Pleskian
Hi, I am trying to understand Plesk backups better.

I am running Version 17.5.3 Update #39 and I resell hosting. I have about 50 sites containing 600+ emails accounts at the moment.

I have the Backup Manager set to do a complete backup every 30 days and incremental after that. Of course, this takes up space on the VM server which I pay for based on size.

I notice on each individual user account it also shows backups. I don’t see a way of turning that off. Many users have a static site and pop email, so those backups are not needed and just taking up space.

If I give someone a 10gb website, and they use 5gb, their backups while compressed might be another 3-5gb and use up all their space.

I can’t find information to tell me if the backups individual accounts see it just taken from my master backups or if this is a completely separate set of backups.

Ideally, I would like to control backups for each user individually. Some need backups daily, some weekly, some not at all. Is this possibly or am I stuck having both my master Plesk server backups and each and every domain backing up at the same time?

Thank you.
-Bob

Back