• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Bulk DNS Recorde change.

telo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
debian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian Version 18.0.45
Hello

Can I also use this explanation for other DNS record changes. I need to change MX and NS records all over the server but don't want to use the template feature. (Had a problem last time.) Does a command like this work.

for MX Record:
plesk db "update dns_recs set val='newmx.domain.com', displayVal='newmx.domain.com' where type='MX' and displayVal='oldmx.domain.com';"

and
plesk repair dns -y

for NS Record:
plesk db "update dns_recs set val='newns.domain.com', displayVal='newns.domain.com' where type='NS' and displayVal='oldns.domain.com';"

and

plesk repair dns -y

work that or not ?

with IP works i know.
plesk db "update dns_recs set val='203.0.113.3', displayVal='203.0.113.3' where type='A' and displayVal='203.0.113.2';"

thank you

You can also use the command line:

i.e., to add a MX-record for each domain:
Code:
for domain in $(plesk db -Ne 'SELECT name FROM domains WHERE parentDomainId=0;'); do plesk bin dns -a $domain -mx mail -mailexchanger mail.example.com -priority 10; done

Last edited:
You can also use the command line:

i.e. to add an mx-records for each domain:
Code:
for domain in $(plesk db -Ne 'SELECT name FROM domains WHERE parentDomainId=0;'); do plesk bin dns -a $domain -mx mail -mailexchanger mail.example.com -priority 10; done

OK thanks. Is that also possible for all domains. I want to change this MX for all domains that contain the MX. (search replace ) Same as above. Does my idea above work? or not.

thank you. you wrote for all domain. Sorry I read wrong. is there also a command for replace i wanted to ask

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no replace command. You can first add the new MX record and next, delete the old MX record.

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no replace command. You can first add the new MX record and next, delete the old MX record.
I also had this idea, the problem is that if a domain already has an MX which is not the one I want to replace, this domain would have two MX records when I added it and this would then be wrong. So I need a replacement. Do you know if my idea in the first post would work? this

plesk db "update dns_recs set val='newmx.domain.com', displayVal='newmx.domain.com' where type='MX' and displayVal='oldmx.domain.com';"

and
plesk repair dns -y

I prefer using the command line utilities instead of directly updating records in the database. But you can give it a try. Just make sure to make a backup of the Plesk database in case something goes wrong:
Code:
plesk db dump psa > /root/psa_dump.sql

I prefer using the command line utilities instead of directly updating records in the database. But you can give it a try. Just make sure to make a backup of the Plesk database in case something goes wrong:
Code:
plesk db dump psa > /root/psa_dump.sql
ok thank you

Back