• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue cPanel to Plesk Migration Error 101

Cameronmlewis

New Pleskian
I’m trying to migrate from cPanel to Plesk, I am able to connect to cPanel using the root login successfully using SSH and everything seems to work fine. I’ve tried opening the firewall on both to see if its a blocked port, I’ve also tried deactivating all security temporarily on cPanel which also seems to make no difference. Although as I can connect to SSH manually, I would not think it would be this?

Below is the logs I get from the migration tool, if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciate!

Code:
2020-11-29 01:01:13    Debug   

START: Fetch shallow data from source cPanel
2020-11-29 01:01:13    Info   
Deploy migration agent to 'IP_ADDRESS_HERE'
2020-11-29 01:03:26    Exception   
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/utils/ssh_utils.py", line 107, in _connect_multiple_attemtps
    paramiko.SSHClient.connect(self, self.hostname, *self.args, **self.kw)
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 349, in connect
    retry_on_signal(lambda: sock.connect(addr))
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paramiko/util.py", line 283, in retry_on_signal
    return function()
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 349, in <lambda>
    retry_on_signal(lambda: sock.connect(addr))
  File "/opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
error: [Errno 110] Connection timed out
2020-11-29 01:03:26    Error   
Unable to connect to 'IP_ADDRESS_HERE' by SSH: [Errno 110] Connection timed out. Retrying in 10 seconds

Recently I ran into a very similar problem. After checking all kinds of stuff I found that I had a typo in the IP address from where I migrated. I was trying to connect to the wrong server ...

is there any tool for transferring a site from Cpanel to Plesk, I never used Plesk, I want to use it just for research purpose.

Back