• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Creating physical hosting error

okkhalid

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello, I have:
OS
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Product
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.55 Update #2, last updated on Oct 5, 2023 01:43 AM

The server was working well, till yesterday, I got the following error, so I Upgraded to:
Version 18.0.55 and still I have the same issue:

Any one can help to resolve this step by step.

Thank you

Error when trying to add a domain:

Creating physical hosting
System user update is failed: Unable to create system user: Unable to execute usermng: usermng: /usr/sbin/useradd execution failed:
useradd: Invalid configuration: UID_MIN (10000), UID_MAX (9998)
useradd: can't create user
usermng: Unable to add user: domainname.ca_t3jv0akm7z

Your operating system's configuration is wrong. Please see the solution in this thread:

great, is that possible to share how I can do that? do I Need to use the server ssh or plesk ssh to login and what commands I need to use. please help

Hi, I used ssh to login, but I can not find /sysconfig folder, see attached.

Attachments

• no sysconfig.png
    no sysconfig.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 5
resovled:
Check your file /etc/login.defs and correct the values there. Defaults are:
UID_MIN 1000
UID_MAX 60000

Back