• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

DNS server changed with 10.4 upgrade

Z

zebrafilm

On v10.3 I was running MS DNS server, after I upgraded to 10.4 suddenly everything was moved to the BIND DNS server.
I have been trying to move it back but I get errors.

Are there more people with this problem?

Bastiaan

attached the errors I get when I try to switch the DNS server back to MS DNS

first a warning about my IP ranges, than it errors out on the first domain.
MS DNS stops working and Plesk puts the service state in manual.......

This server was also a secondairy server for one other system.
Needles to say I am not amused????

Bastiaan

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 5
  • error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
Not sure if this will help in your case or not but after I did the second to last plesk upgrade. The upgrade completely broke all of my DNS. After getting ZERO assistance, not even a reply, and this was for a problem that was obviously there as they fixed it in the next update, or so they say. I manually uninstalled BIND and installed MSDNS.

Here is how to uninstall BIND:
4. BIND DNS Server

NOTE: Panel cannot work without a chosen DNS server.

msiexec /x {19E548B1-DBC2-4bfc-BA3D-715D83424BB8}
defpackagemng.exe --get --force
defpackagemng.exe --fix

Taken from here:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/112925

Hope it helps, don't hold your breath waiting for these jokers.

Thanks for the tip.
I have created a ticket and asked them to fix it.
Don't want to mess around on a live site with 30 domains too much.

If I don't get a reaction I will follow your advice.

Just one question:
Did Plesk re-created all DNS zones automatically or did you do them all manual again?

Back