• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue I can't enable Smart static files

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 #3
Because running 'plesk bin apache --listen-on-localhost true' breaks PHP '$_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]', I moved a site to NGINX.
Here is where the issue with NGINX begins. The 'Smart static files processing' loses the accent mark no matter how I mark and save it. Is there an error somewhere? It's a new installation of Plesk on ARM.
I am attaching the screenshots.

Best regards,
Horacio

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 2.28.08 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 2.28.41 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 2.29.31 PM.png

Hello!

It's quite strange, on my 18.0.56#3 Ubuntu 22 aarch64 box disabling proxy mode doesn't affect Smart static files processing. However, smart static files processing is only matters when the site runs in nginx + apache mode (Proxy mode on), so if you plan to stick on nginx, you can ignore this checkbox.

Meanwhile, Plesk 18.0.56#3 include fix for $_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] for php-fpm on modern versions Apache.

Meanwhile, Plesk 18.0.56#3 include fix for $_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] for php-fpm on modern versions Apache.
Yes, but a website that needs to view the public IP address in PHP '$_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]' returns 127.0.0.1 instead of the public IP address if it's running on Apache, which is why it requires NGINX.

Yes, but a website that needs to view the public IP address in PHP '$_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"]' returns 127.0.0.1 instead of the public IP address if it's running on Apache, which is why it requires NGINX.
Yes, that's exactly this issue issue addressed in 18.0.56#3. However, you need to use php-fpm served by Apache and may be need to rebuild apache configs after applying the fix via plesk repair web domain.tld

Back