• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Mail forwarding and auto-responses not working

Filipe Silva

Basic Pleskian
Hello.

Im using plesk 12 with postfix and the Mail forwarding and the auto-responses are not working, the same issue might be cause these two problems.

The forwarded email doesn't show up in the maillog and the /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix is there.

Whenever i start the postfix service this shows up:

"
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not set-gid or not owner+group+world executable: /usr/sbin/postdrop
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /usr/lib/sendmail and /usr/sbin/sendmail differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: Replace one by a symbolic link to the other
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
"
I don't know if this is relevant for my problem and if it works I don't mess with it.

I would appreciate some help because i'm not sure of what to do anymore.

Thanks.

EDIT: ran "/usr/sbin/postdrop". Solved the warning but is still not forwarding.

Last edited:
I have the same issue
I am with plesk 12.5.

Did you found how to fix it?

I am using external smtp relay on google cloud and does not forward to provided mails

I have the same issue
I am with plesk 12.5.

Did you found how to fix it?

I am using external smtp relay on google cloud and does not forward to provided mails

No. The problem is that i don't know what was done in the server before I got my hands on it.

Even adding forwarding rule in roundcube -> filters -> forward all emails to [email protected], I receive emails in main domain, but not in [email protected].
In the sender email I receive mail not delivered confirmation saying that gmail.com is not in spatkpost sending domain list. The problem is I dont want to send by gmail, I want to send to gmail.

I have tested on second server and have the same issue. I am using Sparkpost and set it as described in Using SparkPost with Postfix
When I send mails through webmail roundcube it works correctly. When I make mail forward through plesk, I receive mails in webmail, but the mails are not forwarded.
When I try to forward mails from roundcube with filters I get 550. 5.7.1 Unconfigured Sending Domain not configured sending domain mail to sender email address. The domain in question is the domain to where I try to forward the mail.

I think I found the problem. After messing around the forwarded emails started boucing back with the message:

"Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; qmail-inject: fatal: qq trouble creating files in
queue (#4.3.0) 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time"

The server is supposed to be using postfix, but qmail is somehow running and I find no process to stop.
Is there any config file for plesk to change the forwarded mails from qmail to postfix?

Back