• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Open in browser downloads my webpage, instead of actually opening it

TNT Waffle

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
As the title says. Could it be something to do with my .htaccess? I messed with that a little trying to get something working. Now some of my webpages download, while others open normally.
This is happening with my HTML files mainly. The PHP is not of concern.

I'm kinda confused. You have Windows 10 listed as your OS but Plesk for Windows doesn't support Windows 10, just 2012 and newer. Also Plesk does not use Apache on Windows Server but instead IIS which means .htaccess won't even be usable... so how do you have this all configured?

I'm kinda confused. You have Windows 10 listed as your OS but Plesk for Windows doesn't support Windows 10, just 2012 and newer. Also Plesk does not use Apache on Windows Server but instead IIS which means .htaccess won't even be usable... so how do you have this all configured?
Im using plesk web host edition, it is not installed on my computer. I probably shouldve started with that.

so i left my plesk (web host) for a few hours? Changed nothing and now my problem has been solved. I think the issue mightve been with the cache? I dont know but either way its solved myself. Thamk you for the support, but the issue no longer exists

Back