• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Permenently deleting Plesk created files from terminal

Hi all -

I have Plesk 12.0 running on a CentOS 6.5 server.

The server recently ran out of diskspace. So entirely that I cannot access Plesk control panel - I receive the error detailed at kb.odin.com/en/117929. My disk usage is reported as follows:

#df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root 13G 13G 0 100% /
tmpfs 939M 8.0K 939M 1% /dev/shm
/dev/vda1 485M 33M 427M 8% /boot

In order to free up space, I have been trying to delete files/directories by removing their hardlinks (rm -rf). I have removed three unneeded vhost directories, one unneeded mysql DB (via rm -rf /var/lib/mysql/XXX - above error prevents logging into mysql server) several archived log files (audit.log.1 etc). I have restarted the server, restarted nearly every service, searched for hardlinks/processes keeping files open using lsof | grep <inode> and find /path/to/mount/ -inum <inode>. Nevertheless, df -h stays stubbornly at precisely the same output as above.

What am I missing, oh internet?

Solved!

There was a runaway process writing junk data to the disk as soon as space was freed. Has been deleted.

It appears Plesk migration manager hung up trying to create mailnames in /var/qmail/mailnames/<migrated.domain> resulting in a 6.1GB file that grew every time is was allowed to.

Back