• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP-CGI

ITTECH

Basic Pleskian
Dears,
I am sorry for re-posting these but really i need help, what can i do?
I have VPS which run plesk 11.0.9 and windows server 2008 standerd, recently i have noticed that it is too slow so I open the task manager to see the resources and found that there are multiple php-cgi.exe processes running and uses most of the cpu.
Please be informed that my website use php fastcgi mode.
I restarted IIS and plesk services, the processes gone for a while and returned, So, what can i do for tunning or recycling php prcesses.
would you please help me with issue?

Yours sincerely.

ITTECH,

It's going to be almost impossible for anyone on the Plesk forum to answer your question. There are thousands of possible reasons why php-cgi.exe might be causing high CPU load.
  • A mis-configuration of your CMS (WordPress? Joomla? DNN? Something else?).
  • A poorly coded, out of date, or unsupported CMS plugin.
  • The App Pool recycling settings in IIS for your server in general or for specific application pools.
  • The version of PHP you are using.
  • Whether you're using different Application Pools per site, or whether they're all bundled into one pool.
  • Missing Windows or IIS patches.
Chances are pretty good that the issue doesn't have to do with Plesk itself, more likely it has something to do with the site/content you're running.

Greg

Back