• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question PHP-FPM when running Nginx as a reverse proxy in front of Apache

Mike2017

New Pleskian
Hello,
I am running Nginx as a reverse proxy in front of Apache on my VPS (Plesk 17/Ubuntu 14.04) and I don't have PHP-FPM enabled. AFAIK, PHP-FPM is the gateway interface for Nginx for processing dynamic PHP, but with Nginx running as a proxy it never processes dynamic PHP, these are processed by Apache. Therefore, I am not enabling PHP-FPM support...
Yet, I recently came across Plesk FAQ re running Apache with Nginx (see it here) and on this page there is a picture of running services (in Nginx with Apache mode) that shows PHP-FPM enabled... Am I misunderstanding how PHP-FPM module works or I should just disregard this Plesk FAQ picture?
Sorry, I am still a newbie in VPS management/config issues, so my apologies if I'm asking something obvious/stupid :)

Mike

Back