• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

problem to send email from entourage

H

hodan

dear all,

i have problem to send mails from entourage when i use enable check button smtp requires authentication i will get error message : Authentification failed because entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods, error -17897

anyone had the same?

thanks,
for help

YEP! Same here.

Trying to find a workaround... hate to tell the client "sorry - take your hosting elsewhere!"

or
"I know you use entourage for everything else, but you'll need to use another program for email..."

Anyone find a solution to this? I have a client with the same problem:

"authentication failed because entourage doesn't support any of the available authentication methods"

Microsoft says this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842882

CAUSE
This problem occurs when the Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) server or the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server uses NTLM version 1 authentication. Entourage 2004 for Mac no longer supports NTLM version 1 authentication.

so does qmail use NTLM version 1?

TIA
Sam

NTLM version 1 authentication

MY QUESTION TO SERVER ADMIN:
Is it possible to set the server to use an auth/challenge version that mac entourage and all other email clients can accommodate?

SERVER ADMIN RESPONSE:
I am afraid this is not possible.

NOTE:
This issue does not exist with cPanel.

FACT:
A very annoying and unfriendly situation.

QUESTION:
What can be done about this?

Back