• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Problem with new version Wordpress Toolkit

fd_paz

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
today after I entered in the Plesk control panel, appeared a Popup of Wordpress Tools asking that there are new rules for security and that I have to run.
After scanning, some of my websites have stopped working.
I get this error: "Error: Site 'domain.com//' not found. Verify DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE matches an existing site or use `--url=<url>` to override."
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Hello, thank you for your report!
Please describe your issue in more details:
1. Your WordPress website stopped working or your WordPress site is shown as "broken" in WordPress Toolkit, but works correctly when accessing it by URL?
2. Where and when did you get mentioned error? In "Security Status" drawer right after applying new security measures?
3. Is your "broken" WordPress website running in a "Multisite" configuration or it is regular WordPress website?
4. Please let us know your Plesk's version and server's OS.

Please be aware that most of new security measures may be "reverted", so if your WordPress website stops working after applying of some security checkers, you may try to disable it and check website's workability.

Hi, thank you.
1. I have 11 website and after applying new "security measures" of Wordpress Toolkit (Version: 3.5.0-1272), 3 of them is shown as broken in Wordpress Toolkit. I have changed wp_config.php of one of them and frontend is ok, but in Dashboard are not showing Style and images and after I scanned from Wordpress Toolkit but it didn't come back yet.
2. Only after applying new security measures of Wordpress Toolkit (Version: 3.5.0-1272)
3. All 3 broken website runing in Multisite.
4. My Plesk is 17.8.11 and OS is CentOS 6.10 (Final)‬.

Thank you very much

Reverting of new security measures should help. But we can not check or apply security measures if this instance is shown as "broken" in WordPress Toolkit.
Mostly "Multisite" instances are shown as "Broken" if corresponding wp-config.php file was customized in some way.
So first of all we need to "repair" your broken instances.
I may suggest you to temporary use some "default" wp-config.php file with correct database connection settings and multisite settings.
After that you may "Refresh" broken WP instance and Revert new security measures which were applied.
This may help you to make website works properly and you may use your original wp-config after that. Most likely this instance will be shown as "broken" with your customized wp-config anyway, but your website and admin panel should works properly.
Could you please send me your wp-config file? (please edit it to delete all security and any other personal information before) We need to find what exactly in wp-config file affects WP Toolkit to think that instance is broken.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Ok, it wasn't possible to restore the websites, but I managed to recover all three.
Below I describe step by step, so it could be useful for someone else as well. However, the new version of Wordpress Toolkit that has been released has some problems.
The steps I followed:
1. Backup database from mysql
2. Move all Wordpress installation files to a new folder for example "_old-wp".
3. Removed from Wordpress Toolkit broken instance
4. fresh wordpress installation
5. Removing new installation tables from mysql
6. Importing the old sql
7. Change the "$table_prefix =" in wp_config.php and insert the prefix of the old db.
8. copy the themes, plugins and uploads folders of the old installation to the new installation.
After these steps everything is back in place.
I think one of the problems was created by "define('SUNRISE', 'on');" of wpml that was inside wp_config.php

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I have upgraded to the new WordPress Toolkit Version: 3.5.0-1272 as well, and after some considerable troubleshooting time I have found that all the security measures work nicely with all my WordPress instances except one: Bot protection

With Bot protection enabled, every singe WordPress website shows a 404 error on every page except the front page of the sites.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Ok, it wasn't possible to restore the websites, but I managed to recover all three.
Below I describe step by step, so it could be useful for someone else as well. However, the new version of Wordpress Toolkit that has been released has some problems.
The steps I followed:
1. Backup database from mysql
2. Move all Wordpress installation files to a new folder for example "_old-wp".
3. Removed from Wordpress Toolkit broken instance
4. fresh wordpress installation
5. Removing new installation tables from mysql
6. Importing the old sql
7. Change the "$table_prefix =" in wp_config.php and insert the prefix of the old db.
8. copy the themes, plugins and uploads folders of the old installation to the new installation.
After these steps everything is back in place.
I think one of the problems was created by "define('SUNRISE', 'on');" of wpml that was inside wp_config.php

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Thank you for your investigations and suggestions!
I think, that it is quite a brutal workaround, but I'm glad, that your websites works well.
We will check what may be wrong with "define('SUNRISE', 'on');" in multisite configuration.

I have upgraded to the new WordPress Toolkit Version: 3.5.0-1272 as well, and after some considerable troubleshooting time I have found that all the security measures work nicely with all my WordPress instances except one: Bot protection

With Bot protection enabled, every singe WordPress website shows a 404 error on every page except the front page of the sites.

I've just re-checked "Bot protection" feature and was not able to reproduce such an issue.
Could you please let us know some an additional information:
1. Your Plesk's version;
2. Your webserver configuration (IIS, Apache+Nginx as a proxy, Apache/Nginx standalone)
3. Everything works well in case "Bot protection" is reverted?
4. Is your WordPress running in a "Multisite" configuration?

@zanuda,

In my humble opinion, the most likely root cause of the problem is an offending, old, known-to-be-very-problematic AND abandoned plugin: WordPress MU Domain Mapping.

Even though this is a Multisite WordPress plugin, the problem should not be related to WP MultiSites, in the sense that the issue should not occur on WP MultiSites that do not have the offending and abandoned plugin.

I simply suggest that you start a process of elimination, starting with reproducing the error on a WP MultiSite with the offending plugin (which will cause failures) and then work back through other reported errors or problems (which are very likely to be absent if the offending plugin is removed completely and fully).

Regards.......

PS I never understand why somebody would like to install old, abandoned and known-to-be-problematic WP plugins, certainly not if the whole functionality of that plugin is on the Apache level, while Nginx (as a proxy) is better able to do the same job. Just a thought.

Back