• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Remove Addendio from Wordpress Toolkit

Tomek

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

some time ago Addendio was a extensions to Plesk. Now I see that it's built into the Wordpress Toolkit. So if I want to install a plugin from Wordpress Toolkit, Addendio is show up, brrrr. How to disbale it, and why you force users to use this product!?

Modify /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini and add;

[ext-wp-toolkit]
allowInstallAddendioPlugin = false

Then celebrate with a cold beer.

Hi Mark,

thank for your answer :)

Modify /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini and add;

[ext-wp-toolkit]
allowInstallAddendioPlugin = false

This prevent Addendio plugin from being automatically installed on all new WordPress instances (I do not know why it is forcing too?).

Unfortunately, this does not remove Addendio from the Wordpress Toolkit (If you want to install the plugin from Worpdress Tookit, you will see....Addendio).

I tried to add this:

[ext-wp-toolkit]
allowAddendioIntegration = false

Then I logged out and logged in again. But Addendio is still here.

Last edited:
After your advice, I restarted Plesk:

/etc/init.d/psa restart

/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart

I logged in. And what do I see? Yes, Addendio, again.

But thanks Mark, for a good idea with a restarted :)

Last edited:
have you also tried to disable it in plesk > panel > wordpress toolkit > global settings? but should be the same as Mark allready suggested.

Hmm now also facebook and twitter links are there in the wp toolkit :-(

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-9_5-27-51.png
    upload_2018-3-9_5-27-51.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Yea, that’s the default for when you toggle maintenance mode on. There’s also a Plesk logo in the bottom right corner of maintenance mode which I don’t see a way of changing... atleast without some hacking.

Hi Tomek,

Is there a particular reason you don't like the Addendio service?

There’s also a Plesk logo in the bottom right corner of maintenance mode which I don’t see a way of changing... atleast without some hacking.

No need for hacking, Mark -- you can simply modify the maintenance mode template and put any image you'd like. Some of the details are described here: WordPress Toolkit

Sounds like cancer to me :eek:
Hahaha, This made my day Mark. But this is so true.

have you also tried to disable it in plesk > panel > wordpress toolkit > global settings? but should be the same as Mark allready suggested.

Yes, but without success.

Hi Tomek,

Is there a particular reason you don't like the Addendio service?

Addendio has no practical use for me and only promotes Envato company.

Addendio plugin has been in the Wordpress plugins directory for 3 years:
Addendio LITE – Find WordPress plugins and themes

Effects? 80 active installations!

It speaks for itself.

That's why I do not understand, why Plesk are forcing a solution that is not accepted by the Wordpress community.

Last edited:
Yes...
I would prefer not having that Addendio nor some of those other add-ons that are just promotions in disguise. It's also insulting and not worthy of a paid product.
There are plenty of reported bugs to kill and they should put an effort in that and not this nonsense.
When can I restore a back-up and have the timestamps of the files not set to today?

If it's disabled one will still have the possibility to search for new plugins and themes?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We've released WPT 3.0.2 update, which includes the following fix:

[*] Addendio Plus plugin is no longer installed on all new WordPress instances by default. If you want it to be installed by default, go to WPT Global Settings and enable the corresponding checkbox.

This should address the immediate concerns about Addendio plugin being installed on all new WP instances. We are also planning to develop and provide an alternative way to search and install plugins/themes via WPT that does not require the Addendio service (this will take a couple of months, though).

If you want to completely turn Addendio off, you'll need to switch to the old WPT UI and disable Addendio there on the Global Settings tab. To use the old WPT UI, add the following line to your panel.ini:

[ext-wp-toolkit]
useUiLibrary = off

Let me know if you have any more questions, guys.

Back