• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

*solved* MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1 on Windows Plesk "system error 5"

F

firefoxchris

Hello all,

I encountered a problem after installing MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1 on my Plesk 9.2 installation.

From ASP Scripts (and probably others run by the IIS user), I was receiving the following error when trying to connect to the database using the newer driver..

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver)

After a bit of digging, I found that Error 5 is an "Access Denied" error, not to the database but to the driver DLL files. I installed Process Monitor, filtered to path containing "MySQL" and ran a script again.

I found entried for ACCESS DENIED to C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.1\myodbc5.dll. After including the colum for username, it appeared the script was running as the user iwam_plesk(default), however further investigation showed it was impersonating as the IUSR_PLESKSITEUSERNAME user.

I gave the Plesk group psacln read/execute access to the C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.1 folder and my site worked!

It took me ages to figure it our so thought it was worth posting to save time of anyone having a similar problem.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for this solution. If you don't mind, I could transfer it Workarounds topic? Much more people will see it there.

By all means, the more people that see it the better :).

Hi guys,
Just a comment to strengthen the forum.
This case happened to me now, because of a version update from 18.0.27 to 18.0.53.

The psacln group, was if, reading/executing the folder C:\Program Files\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.3. after the correction everything returned to normal.

Thanks a lot.

Back