• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Can't login at Plesk admin panel (Plesk Onyx 17.0.17)

JVG

Basic Pleskian
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 Update #63
OS version: Ubuntu 12.04

Hi, I have a very old server, and since this morning I can't log in to the admin panel. When I tried to log in as admin I get this error:

Code:
ERROR: syntax error, unexpected '?' (Helper.php:569)

What I've done so far (After each step I've tried to log in with the same result:

1. Repair plesk installation:
Code:
[2024-05-13 09:22:09] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] La ejecución de /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/migration-run.php ha resultado fallida y se ha obtenido el código de salida 1 y la siguiente salida:
[2024-05-13 09:22:09] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 19 NOT NULL constraint failed: Instances.domainId, query was: INSERT INTO "Instances" ("domainId", "path", "isIgnored", "apsInstanceId") VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)
[2024-05-13 09:22:09] ERR [panel] La ejecución de /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/migration-run.php ha resultado fallida y se ha obtenido el código de salida 1 y la siguiente salida:
[2024-05-13 09:22:09] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 19 NOT NULL constraint failed: Instances.domainId, query was: INSERT INTO "Instances" ("domainId", "path", "isIgnored", "apsInstanceId") VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?):
0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Extension/Package.php:606
        Plesk\Extension\Package->_scriptExecute(string 'wp-toolkit', string '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/migration-run.php', array)
1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Extension/Package.php:729
        Plesk\Extension\Package->exec(string 'wp-toolkit', string 'migration-run.php', array)
2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Upgrade/Task/17.0.15/2016-07-20-04-59-45_MigrateWordPress.php:25
        Plesk\Upgrade\Task\MigrateWordPress->upgrade(object of type Plesk\Upgrade\Deferred)
3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Upgrade/Executor/Sync.php:15
        Plesk\Upgrade\Executor_Sync->upgrade(string '2016-07-20-04-59-45', object of type Plesk\Upgrade\TaskLoader, object of type Plesk\Upgrade\Deferred)
4: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Upgrade/Command/Task.php:46
        Plesk\Upgrade\Command_Task->run(string '2016-07-20-04-59-45', string 'upgrade')
5: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Upgrade/upgrade.php:19

taskId=2016-07-20-04-59-45 step=upgrade result=1 message=ERROR: PleskUserException: La ejecución de /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/migration-run.php ha resultado fallida y se ha obtenido el código de salida 1 y la siguiente salida:
[2024-05-13 09:22:09] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 19 NOT NULL constraint failed: Instances.domainId, query was: INSERT INTO "Instances" ("domainId", "path", "isIgnored", "apsInstanceId") VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?) (Package.php:606)
Some steps of upgrade failed. Run upgrade with option --repair to rerun failed steps.
Some steps of upgrade failed. Run upgrade with option --repair to rerun failed steps.

2. Repair plesk db:
Code:
Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools .. [OK]

Checking the structure of the Plesk database

Extra table: WordpressInstanceProperties .......................... [WARNING]
 Delete table 'WordpressInstanceProperties'? [Y/n] y
    Creating a database dump ........................................ [OK]
    A dump of the database was created before an attempt to repair the database: /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preresolve.20240513-093837.dump.gz
    Deleting table 'WordpressInstanceProperties' .................... [FIXED]

Extra table: WordpressInstances ................................... [WARNING]
Delete table 'WordpressInstances'? [Y/n] y
    Deleting table 'WordpressInstances' ............................. [FIXED]

Extra table: WordpressInstancesDomains ............................ [WARNING]
Delete table 'WordpressInstancesDomains'? [Y/n] y
    Deleting table 'WordpressInstancesDomains' ...................... [FIXED]

Checking the consistency of the Plesk database

Inconsistency in the table 'DomainServices' for the column dom_id:
  No rows in the table 'domains' with  = 105 ........................ [WARNING]
  To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair db -verbose
  Remove unnecessary rows from the table 'DomainServices'? [Y/n] y
    Creating a database dump ........................................ [OK]
    A dump of the database was created before an attempt to repair the database: /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preresolve.20240513-093756.dump.gz
    Removing unnecessary rows ....................................... [FIXED]

Inconsistency in the table 'DomainServices' for the column dom_id:
  No rows in the table 'domains' with  = 129 ........................ [WARNING]
  To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair db -verbose
  Remove unnecessary rows from the table 'DomainServices'? [Y/n] y
    Removing unnecessary rows ....................................... [FIXED]

Checking the consistency of the Plesk database ...................... [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 5; Errors resolved: 5

3. Since the same error persisted and it mention wp-toolkit extension I've uninstalled it:
Code:
plesk bin extension --uninstall wp-toolkit

4. Rerun plesk repair installation:
Code:
Reconfiguring the Plesk installation

Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

-- Warning: Skipping the data of table mysql.event. Specify the --events option explicitly.
 Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
Applying migrations from: /opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp17.0.17-bootstrapper/migrations/
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/bind9 already exist.
 Reconfiguring mail subsystem...
 Reconfiguring Apache web server...
 Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
===> Configuring ProFTPD server
 Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
 Reconfiguring WatchDog...
 Restoring SELinux contexts...
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/sw-engine already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/dovecot already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/drwebd already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/spamassassin already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/pc-remote already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/nginx already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/psa already exist.
 Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
 Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
 Cleaning active Panel sessions...

Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.0.17_repair_problems.log') for errors.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Parallels support.

As seen in the last step. no errors appear in the last repair installation command, yet the same error persists when I try login:
Code:
ERROR: syntax error, unexpected '?' (Helper.php:569)

As far as I know, all the services (apache, nginx, postfix, etc) are running with no problem.

I'm still unable to log in as admin, but since the resellers and costumers access work, I've asigned all the subscriptions to 1 reseller via plesk cli to help migrate them all to a new server where I've reassigned them again.

Feel free to mark this as solved.

Realize this thread is resolved but I do not have the option to login with client credentials same as JVG here.

Exactly the same issue and similar timing

root:~# plesk -v Product version: 12.5.30 Update #79 Update date: 2024/05/15 06:27 Build date: 2018/12/14 14:00 OS version: Ubuntu 14.04 Revision: 344620 Architecture: 64-bit Wrapper version: 1.2

Error:
1716462750981.png
1716462854512.png

Hi,

you don't need client credentials for migrate to another server, I did that to speed the process (changing DNS records and the like). I think you can manage to do it all with the plesk cli commands, which I was forced to fast-learn.

I was unable to get official support because the OS and the Plesk version are long unsupported, so I think the fastest but painful way is to migrate all to a new-ish server.

Now, it is interesting that this started to happen out of the blue. I know I disabled all updates on that old server. So, how a working panel stop working if nothing has been changed/updated? I checked all "Helper.php" plesk files and they were not modified.

Back