• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Domain creation in Malayalam script fails

oana.bota

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger), Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.45
I am not able to create a domain using Malayalam script (e.g., സാർവത്രിക.സ്വീകാര്യത

) via the Plesk interface.

I have successfully created domains in other native scripts but not Malayalam. I tested on the following environment configurations:

Web Server version
OS
Email ServerDatabase
nginx 1.20.2AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger)Postfix 3.5.14MySQL 15.1 Distrib 10.3.32-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
Apache 2.4.54Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)Postfix 3.5.13MySQL 15.1 Distrib 10.5.15-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper
PostgreSQL 13.7

I mention that we performed the necessary steps so that the web server, DB and Email support UTF-8.

Does Plesk not support Malayalam?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Oana

I suggest you fill the detailed report with all steps to reproduce here Reports
I will forward it to the developers for further investigation.

I suggest you fill the detailed report with all steps to reproduce here Reports
I will forward it to the developers for further investigation.
Hello Igor,

Unfortunately, I cannot submit a full report as I have not submitted 5 (or more) posts on the forum yet. I would highly appreciate if you suggest another way to submit a detailed report.

Kind regards,
Oana

Back