• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Email Sender domain change when forwarding emails

djmjsolutions

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 #5
Hi !

Thanks for the help beforehand.

- mail forwarding is active in my plesk domain email account ([email protected]) to an external address in gmail.
- everything is updated and up to day
- server is hosted in aws lightsail and SES is configured for the domain
- “Fix incorrectly set sender for outgoing mail” is DISABLED in “Tools & Settings” > “Mail Server Settings

With all of that, when I send an email from [email protected] (outside of my plesk server) to [email protected] Amazon SES is bouncing the forwarded email because please plesk switch the sender domain with the recipient domain… it will switch it to [email protected]…. Other complex situation is tgat forwarded email is being dkim signed twice.

Logs sample

- 501 Invalid MAIL FROM address provided (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
- 554 Transaction failed: Duplicate header 'DKIM-Signature'. (in reply to end of DATA command))

Thanks

Hi @djmjsolutions ,

I have the exact same problem for the past few months.
Have you found any solution (or a workaround) on that?

For reference:
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.59

Cheers

Back