• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How to properly add server directive for a vhost for nginx?

Marchiuz

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.4 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.41.1
Hello,
I am trying to host my Laravel application using Octane, which uses Roadrunner server under the hood. As the documentation suggests (Laravel - The PHP Framework For Web Artisans), I need to add some extra configuration for the nginx in order to serve static assets over nginx but proxy requests to a specific port on which Roadrunner server will be run. However, I am unable to find any proper guidance on how to add this extra configuration only for one vhost, as I don't want to mess up other websites that should be served regularly. Plesk only allows basic directive and keywords like "server" or "location" are not allowed. How may I do this properly?

You can use the location directive under the domain. Just make sure that proxy mode is disabled.

as an example for seafile, I used:

Code:
server_tokens off;
location / {
        proxy_pass         http://127.0.0.1:8000;
        proxy_set_header   Host $host;
        proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;
        proxy_read_timeout  1200s;

client_max_body_size 0;

access_log      /var/log/nginx/seahub.access.log;