• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Installing Wordpress.

JamesMartin

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone,

We have Plesk 10.4.4 running on Linux (Ubuntu), I have hit a bit of chicken and egg situation. I am trying to install Wordpress from the common applications. As I do this it Plesk asks me to enter details for and administrative user. I want to "Grant administrative access to existing user", which allows me to select and Existing Plesk User from a drop down menu. All the user names shown are email addresses, because that is how Plesk works. but this produces the error:

"Error: Failed to update application settings: invalid values passed for settings of application resource; details for setting with id 'admin_name': Please make sure the text you entered starts with a letter and continues with either numbers, letters, underscores or hyphens"

So I have gone back and Tried to setup a Plesk username that not an email address and of course i have not been able to do this.

Can anyone help?

James

Try toclear the cache from Tools & Settings> Application Vault > Clear cache.

Hey guys, I was having the same problem with Joomla. After clicking install, I'd receive that same error message. If I then tried to create an administrator username not linked to the Plesk account, it would repeat the error.

What I found was that if you click on the arrow next to the "Install" box and click on custom install, then choose to set up a separate username, it works!

Hope this helped!

Barnaby

Back