• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Issue SSL cert via REST API

BenC

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.55 Update #2
Hi,
I have been trying the REST API for creating/renewing certificates. I saw the useful article here https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377059948183 I cant get the code to work, however i am making some assumptions that the files are meant to be on the computer making the curl request.

Bash:
curl -k -X POST -H "X-API-Key: ce8b9a38-4410-. . ." -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" "https://<Server_IP>:8443/api/v2/cli/certificate/call" -d '{ "params": ["--create", "mynewcert", "-domain", "example.com", "-csr-file", "server.csr", "-key-file", "server.key"]}'

When I try the above (with the correct API key) I get the error

Bash:
"code": 1,
    "stdout": "",
    "stderr": "Unable to create certificate \"mynewcert\": file server.csr dose not exist"

The files are in the directory I am running the curl command from (linux machine). I have tried specifying the file as
Code:
server.csr
Code:
./server.csr
and
Code:
@server.csr

Are the files meant to be on the computer you are making the curl request from ? or are they meant to be on the server ?
If they are meant to be on the (windows) server , do you state the full file path e.g D:\certs\server.csr ? (I did try this as well , but got the same error.)
I have a feeling i am missing something obvious here.

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ben

The files are meant to be on the same server you are running the command/api call on. The full path should be used for both the key and the csr file. Like for example D:\certs\server.csr.

For this particular API call, the call gets forwarded the CLI. To trouble shoot your issue you could try and see if are able to create/issue a certificate via CLI directly. See Plesk CLI documentation for Windows here.

Back