• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question modsecurity enabled via plesk web, but off via ssh command line

Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.49 Update #2
Hello everyone
I'm just curious, i have enabled modsecurity on all my websites and i can see it's working in the log files.
Today i happened to run:
plesk bin nginx -s to get a list of all the modules installed and their status
and found modsecurity shows as OFF:

brotli on
geoip2 on
modsecurity off
pagespeed off

How can this be? am i misunderstanding something? shoud i enable it also via terminal?
Maybe i'm not seeing all the logs i should be seeing?

Hi @Jose Maria Sarachaga , thank you for posting this question. In Plesk there are two ModSecurity services: 2.9 and 3.0. When you select 2.9 ModSecurity is applied on the Apache web server level, so you do not see it as a module in Nginx. When you select 3.0: That is for Nginx and you will see it in the Nginx configuration. You can see more on this topic here: Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity)

Back