• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Mono / mod_mono

dcollis

New Pleskian
Can I suggest including Mono & mod_mono as an update within Plesk with the ability to assign a virtual host as one handled by Mono.

I have managed to get Mono working on my CentOS5 server and have described my solution here (with appropriate links): http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=564032

The final part I haven't been able to work out is how to get the virtual host vhost.conf to work so that my config won't be overwritten by a Plesk update (I've been putting my config in the conf/####.####_include.httpd file which Plesk warns against doing).

Anyway, since I managed to do this with Yum and a bit of fiddling with config, I thought that this might be a good time to integrate this with Plesk as I wouldn't have thought it would be a difficult thing for you to provide.

My server - which I manage nearly completely with Plesk, now supports MVC1,2,3, ASP.NET and WCF (mostly). Which is pretty cool. I just wish I had been able to do it through Plesk and continue to manage it this way.
I would think that supporting such a thing would be quite a good advert for your software with the popularity of MVC3 currently.

2 Years ago we had Plesk 9.* and that ASP was supported per vhost ..Infact if you google, it dates back to Plesk 8.* (Though I can't confirm if they were using mono)

2 Years ago we had Plesk 9.* and that ASP was supported per vhost ..Infact if you google, it dates back to Plesk 8.* (Though I can't confirm if they were using mono)

If you say so... Perhaps on windows version only?
Anyway, at the time when I Googled and asked for help on the plesk forums there was nothing. The options that are in plesk now certainly weren't available to me in the version I had back then.
In fact if you Google for 'plesk 9 mono' you'll find my post explaining how I got it working is the top hit...

Not that this actually matters anymore :)

Back