• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Node.js application doesnt show up on IP and neither on PORT, after deleting the default index.html i get 403 Forbidden page

dnelband

New Pleskian
Hello, my client has recently upgraded his hosting at ionos 1&1 and the new server comes with plesk obsidian.
ive built a website and uploaded it prior to digital ocean - React App - as you can see it works , all the resources are loaded correctly, etc'.

im currently trying to migrate it to the plesk obsidian server, ive followed the nodejs video tutorial, uploaded a zip of the website, npm install, everything went smoothly,and ive changed the port to 8000 cause i knew there might be problems with the apache if i keep it at 80, but i cant get it to work and show normally on the ip address / preview url.

first issue i have is that in the preview link - React App - db queries are not working and images are not loaded. url seems to be pointing to root url + path which should work cause nodejs is running but im getting a file not found error in the console.

then i tried to navigate to the actual ip but all i got was the default webserver page,then i renamed it to old.index.html and now all i get is the 403 forbidden page.
when i try to navigate to the ip + port http://212.227.208.75:8000 which should work i get a website not found error page ( browser default ).

what do i need to do to have my website functioning 100% like it does on digital ocean ? please help, thanks in advance,

Back