• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk custom url does not work

mrqwerty1980

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.59 Update #2
Hi,

The Plesk custom URL setting doesn't work. When I try to change this to any of the settings, I can still access the control panel from any domain on port 8443. This needs to be fixed as it's failing a cyber scan for the domains hosted on the server. The control panel needs to be closed for all other domains except the domain the certificate is configured for.

The Plesk custom URL setting doesn't work. When I try to change this to any of the settings, I can still access the control panel from any domain on port 8443.
That's correct behavior. Using a custom URL does not disable access on port 8443. If you want to block access on port 8443 you'll have to create a custom firewall rule to do this.

Hi, I don't want to block access to port 8443 for the correct encrypted subdomain. I just want to block all the hosted domains from having access to the control panel on 8443. Is this possible with a firewall rule? If so how?

Back