• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Plesk login 8443 cannot be called up

powerAG

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I am new and hopefully someone can help me here.

I have a Debian 12 server with Plesk Obsidian.
My server updates automatically, so apparently Plesk updated itself and the server was restarted by the hoster at some point. (Hardware swap)

I had last customized the hostname and the login in Link from Plesk, this was done in the panel. I don't think I had any problems before because the server was not restarted. Now the config is almost 100% loaded and now it doesn't work anymore. The question is, is it possible to reset the links to default via Putty?

So that I can access my Plesk area with the IP again ?
Whenever I call 8443 I get the error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Via Putty and Plesk Login link, I get my changed hostname "xxx.TLD.net/login..." displayed after entering I get the error 502 Bad Gateway

I therefore assume that the problem was caused by an error on my part. Plesk and all services, websites etc. pp run without problems.

Only the login is causing problems, I am at a loss and have already run Plesk Repair All, of course "without error", so I assume the "login link and hostname error", the question is how can I set the login link back to standard including SSL certificate.

I haven't found anything by googling and hope you understand my problem and can help me, I'm really at a loss and have already tried several things. For me Plesk is very important to manage my websites and I don't want to lose my websites.

I urgently need help and look forward to any solutions
I think it's because of the "Login Link" I had changed to my TLD, but I don't know how to change it via Putty.

Thank you very much for your help

I am not quite sure if I fully understand your situation. However based on the behavior you are describing here:
Whenever I call 8443 I get the error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
it sounds more like port 8443 being blocked by a firewall.

But you can use the following command to disable Plesk access via a custom domain and use https://<server-IP-or-hostname>:8443 again.
plesk bin admin --disable-access-domain

okay, i did it and it doesn't seem to be the problem.

It seems to be the problem with the port blocking, I found a guide on the internet, but it is still blocked. I had not set anything to be blocked.

Is there a way to unblock the port again, or so that I can log in again? I can't explain how the firewall can be set differently from one day to the next after an update. I really need help, otherwise I'm lost :(

I think I have found the error, a friend recently installed imunify360 for me. Could this be the reason? But how do I deactivate it or add the IP to the whitelist?

When you connect to your server via SSH, what the output of these two commands service sw-engine status and service sw-cp-server status?

I don't think imunify360 blocks any specific ports. But you can disable imunify360 following the steps mentioned here.

Thanks for the feedback!

I just uninstalled imunify360. However, the problem still persists.
That's what he gave me with both commands.

Code:
root@hostname:~# service sw-engine status
● sw-engine.service - Startup script for Panel sw-engine
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-engine.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/sw-engine.service.d
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: active (running) since Thu 2024-05-09 21:13:30 CEST; 8h ago
   Main PID: 880 (sw-engine-fpm)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 38250)
     Memory: 26.9M
        CPU: 64ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/sw-engine.service
             └─880 "sw-engine-fpm: master process (/etc/sw-engine/sw-engine-fpm.conf)"

Mai 09 21:13:30 hostname systemd[1]: Starting sw-engine.service - Startup script for Panel sw-engine...
Mai 09 21:13:30 hostname systemd[1]: Started sw-engine.service - Startup script for Panel sw-engine.

Code:
root@hostname:~# service sw-cp-server status
● sw-cp-server.service - Startup script for Plesk control panel server
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service.d
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2024-05-10 05:43:40 CEST; 2s ago
    Process: 214638 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -q -t (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 21ms

The sw-cp-server seems to be restarted just before you've ran the service sw-cp-server status command. Which makes it hard to assess if there is an issue. Please run it again post the output.

I hope I have done everything right ?
I didn't intend to restart anything and restarted the whole server yesterday. Nothing else was done.

Code:
root@hostname:~# uptime
 18:00:45 up 20:47,  1 user,  load average: 0,19, 0,09, 0,02
root@hostname:~# service sw-cp-server status
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service; enabled; preset:>
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2024-05-10>
    Process: 470136 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -q -t (code=exited, st>
        CPU: 22ms
lines 1-7/7 (END)...skipping...
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2024-05-10 18:00:59 CEST; 2s ago
    Process: 470136 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -q -t (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 22ms

I suspect the sw-cp-server service is not working well. But I am not entirely sure.

I recommend contacting Plesk support for an investigation on your server by support engineers. To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Back