• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Pointing Plesk website to another server.

ev88

New Pleskian
Hello, apologies if this is the not the correct forum. We have a client that has a Plesk website and domain, and I'd like to point it to another server where we've made a website for them. I've done this in the past with simpler services such as GoDaddy's DNS page, but this is new to me.

I navigated to the DNS settings page in Plex and updated the www A record to point to our server. This was a few hours ago and unfortunately I keep getting a Sever Not Found when going to the website. I didn't touch their nameservers since they're using them for emails.

What other settings should I be changing, or should I simply wait 24-48 hours for it to fully propogate? Should I add an A record for the domain without 'www' while I'm at it? If you need to see any other settings I'll gladly supply them.

http://contourengineering.com/

Attachments

• p1.png
    p1.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 27
Okay. I have added a new A record for contourengineering.com. I'll wait to see if there's any progress tomorrow.

Attachments

• screenshot-webcontrol.winntel.com-8443-2018.04.27-07-38-09.png
    screenshot-webcontrol.winntel.com-8443-2018.04.27-07-38-09.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 29
Back