• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Presence builder license *sometimes* doesn't work

southy

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have a Plesk Onyx "Web Admin" instance that has problems with an additional 10-Sites Web Presence Builder license (directy purchased at Plesk store).

In "LIcense Management" I see it working:
Sites published with Presence Builder 10
(and I take it this is suppsoed to be "number of available licenses", not "used licenses", because I only have ~5 in use.

When I add a new domain, start building a website with the Web Presence Builder, all works fine and I can publish it.
-> The license is in and there are slots available.

But in an existing Presence Builder Site, once I press "publish" in the presence builder, the following error appears:
"Your website cannot be published because your subscription does not include enough Web Presence Builder sites"

So: I _have_ a license, but it's not detected, for this one domain only.
What to do?
As this is "web admin" license, I don't have the "service provider" view with the "subscription profiles", so there is nothing that I can set to "give" this Domain a license - it should just "be there", right?!?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
southy

Thanks, I just did.

However, as it works for *new sites* and just not for existing sites, I still think this is a technical issue, not a licensing issue.

But let's see what they say.

Unfortunately they refused to help me.
Though I have the WPB license purchased directly from Plesk (cleverbridge subscription), the Plesk license is from a reseller.
Thus no support for the whole thing.

Is there no way to re-set the "WPB license info" for a specific domain?
Obviously it doesn't check that properly.
As said, when I create a fresh WPB site, it works.
It just won't let me publish modifications on one of the existing sites (on others it works fine).

Back