• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Problem with Temporary Plesk files in Windows Recycler

PeteSDG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

We're running Plesk 10.4.4 on Windows 2008 R2

I'm noticing that the servers' C drive is constantly being filled up by Plesk dumping files into c:\Recycler

I've looked into the forums here to find a remedy to this and there are lots of unanswered posts about this (for example http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?278865-Plesk-puts-deleted-logs-to-C-Recycler)

Like in the post linked to, our Plesk sitemaintenance.dll file also contains "U n a b l e t o d e t e r m i n a t e w i n d o w s t y p e R e c y c l e r R e c y c l e r { 8 6 0 6 6 D 5 7 - 9 3 4 7 - 4 6 a 7 - B 4 D B - 9 7 1 D 9 E F 3 6 D 2 9 }" which is the name of the folder Plesk dumps its files into in c:\Recycler.

I'd like a resolution for this please, we cannot afford to keep having 30GB of data sat in that directory grinding the server to a halt.

Pete

Will anyone from Parallels be looking into this issue/bug?

I am having to remember to log into the server periodically and manually delete the files in this directory. It's a busy server so this directory fills up very quickly and grinds the server to a halt.

Have you noticed this issue on latest Plesk 11.5.30 version?

We are not using 11.x

We have 3 x Web Servers (web content only) with 1200 approx domains. We're not looking to upgrade at the moment in case it causes a problem with the sites running on them with regards to ASP and PHP. Also changing the subscriptions so that they comply with the new security measures would be a nightmare (which we had to do on our mail server when you forced upgrades from Panel 9 to 11!).

For anyone finding this when searching for the Recycler filling up issue.
The fix HERE>>> http://kb.odin.com/en/116394

Worked for us.
It stops the bleeding but DOES NOT cleanup the existing massive quantity of logs left out there.
I've posted in the suggestions/feedback requesting clarification if those files can "just be manually deleted" or if there is some cross references in the Plesk DB that would prevent that from being a safe solution.

Hope that helps someone out.

Back