• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Problems with installing memcached for PHP 8.2

Martin73

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.49
I was able to install memcached with this work around. This was possible for PHP 8.0 and also for version 8.1. PHP 8.2 however makes problems.
After “service plesk-php82-fpm restart” comes the following message:
Code:
Job for plesk-php82-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status plesk-php82-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
After “/opt/plesk/php/8.2/bin/php -m | grep memcached” comes the following message:
Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcached.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/memcached.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/memcached.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
Why is the file memcached.so not to be found under this path “/opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules”? What can I do?

In your message: "/opt/plesk/php/8.2/lib/php/modules/memcached.so.so"

... so.so ? <- may be this might be the problem?!

It's embarrassing. I made the same mistake I did with PHP 8.0. :rolleyes:

The php.ini was the cause. Here are the steps for the installation:
Code:
apt install memcached autoconf automake gcc libmemcached-dev libhashkit-dev pkg-config plesk-php*-dev zlib1g-dev
/opt/plesk/php/8.2/bin/pecl install memcached
add "extension=memcached.so" to php.ini
Following:
Code:
echo "extension=memcached.so" > /opt/plesk/php/8.2/etc/php.d/memcached.ini
plesk bin php_handler --reread
service plesk-php82-fpm restart
service apache2 restart
/opt/plesk/php/8.2/bin/php -m | grep memcached

Back