• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Replacing cPanel with Plesk and multi-server questions

webjive

New Pleskian
After using cPanel for more than a decade, we're looking at our options. My question is about using Plesk for web hosting and email. We're considering (and have been for a while) using cPanel's mail-only node to shift mail functions off to lower-cost VPS-based servers while keeping hosting on higher-end bare metal.

Right now we're running 2 cPanel servers and 1 DNS-only server and are looking to shift to 2 DNS-only servers, 2 web hosting servers, and 2 mail node servers for our business-class customers.

We have learned from past mistakes that 99% of our customers can tolerate websites being down for a period but not their email services.

My questions are: does Pleask offer similar node solutions for web hosting, DNS, and email only?
If so, does Plesk offer incremental backups to S3-compatible services like WASABI? We're using WASABI now with Jetback but, JB5 still doesn't support cPanel mail-only node backups.

Thanks for any info!

Wow, I am surprised that no one responded to this. While I am also looking for the same answered this.
  • There is no dedicated Plesk edition for email only. But you can setup a separate Plesk server for customer/domains which only need email.
  • The Slave DNS manager can be used to synchronize DNS zones to secondary DNS servers with Bind DNS. No need to install Plesk on those secondary DNS servers.
  • If WASABI has a S3 compatible API it can probably used with the S3 backup extension.

Back