• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Strange systemd messages piling up

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
Every few seconds I see new entries in the logs like:

Code:
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/run-user-10123.mount.wants': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.wants': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/run-user-10123.mount.requires': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.requires': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/run-user-10123.mount.d': Permission denied
systemd[7051]: Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.d': Permission denied

I checked and /usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user.control/ path did not exist on the system, so I created the user.control directory with chmod 777, but still the error continues..

The user 10123 exists on the system - regular web hosting customer.
But the user number keeps changing too -- a few seconds later I got the same "block" of errors for a different user number..

What shall I do?

This is NodeJS bug #EXTNODEJS-231.

As a possible workaround, create empty files that appear in the error message. For example:

# touch /usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/run-user-10123.mount.d

As a possible workaround, create empty files that appear in the error message. For example:

I tried that first, but the permission errors continued -- besides the system is very creative with the names and the userid's so you probably need to create hundreds of these files/folders.

I instead changed the systemd logging levels.. it's all quiet now!

Unfortunately if I lower the logging levels I also miss some important information.. Is there any news about this bug?

I'm getting about a dozen of them EVERY SECOND..

Thanks!
-t

Btw, I did that just now, I created all the files mentioned in journalctl , it still kept giving Permission Denied.. So I set them to 777, it still keeps giving Permission Denied..

Btw you CAN disable the systemd logging -- or raise its level so it won't log anything or very little.
But that also stops other logging, like postfix I found.

Back