• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Upload max file size

Mikenbrook

New Pleskian
Hello

This has possibly already been solved however I can't seem to find a post I understand properly as I am very much a novice with plesk. Basically my problem is when downloading Wordpress I go to install a theme it said that the max file size wasn't high enough so I did a bit of googling and it said I needed to add a php.ini file so this is what I did to no luck however the message that was displayed from now on says:

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

I've tried to follow the documentation listed: Changing the Maximum Upload File Size

However unfortunately i have no idea how to restart the web server by running the /etc/init.d/psa restart command to test to see if this will fix the issue, however with this being a command that affects the whole server I'm reluctant to do so as I don't want to effect any of the other websites on the server.

Any help would be awesome :D

Michael

Hello

This has possibly already been solved however I can't seem to find a post I understand properly as I am very much a novice with plesk. Basically my problem is when downloading Wordpress I go to install a theme it said that the max file size wasn't high enough so I did a bit of googling and it said I needed to add a php.ini file so this is what I did to no luck however the message that was displayed from now on says:

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

I've tried to follow the documentation listed: Changing the Maximum Upload File Size

However unfortunately i have no idea how to restart the web server by running the /etc/init.d/psa restart command to test to see if this will fix the issue, however with this being a command that affects the whole server I'm reluctant to do so as I don't want to effect any of the other websites on the server.

Any help would be awesome :D

Michael

Hello Mikenbrook,

You can do this action from plesk, you just have to follow these steps:
  1. You see the domain to manage
  2. Go to PHP configuration
  3. Increase the value of these parameters:
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize
and click on the "apply" button so that the changes will take effect​

Hello Mikenbrook,

You can do this action from plesk, you just have to follow these steps: