• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Checking Automatic Updates

tony2452

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.59 Update #2, last updated on Mar 25, 2024 12:18 PM
I have experienced a problem with WP Toolkit where I SWEAR that I turned ON the Automatic Updated and the Automatic Plugin Updates for a site only to find later ON that these features are now OFF for some unexplained reason.

Is there any way in the Plesk WordPress Toolkit to see exactly which WordPress websites have Automatic Updates and Automatic Plugin Updates turned ON or OFF - WITHOUT having to check each WP site one-by-one?

I would REALLY appreciate knowing a shortcut for this process.

Hi, Can't say why WP Toolkit updates options might have reset, but, in case it helps...

I'm not aware of anyway to visually see the settings for all sites, however, you can go to WP Toolkit -> Updates -> Change Settings. On that page you can define settings for all sites and then apply all in one go (or to selected sites).

I also don't think there's any way (currently) to predefine WP Toolkit update settings for all sites as part of a Service Plan or template, so we use a bash script that runs on the "WordPress Installed" and "WordPress Registered" events, and applies the settings we want, using the Plesk API. This is the API method to use:

Bash:
curl -sSkX 'POST' \
  "https://$HOSTNAME:8443/api/modules/wp-toolkit/v1/features/updates/settings" \
  -H 'accept: application/json' \
  -H "X-API-Key: ${PLESK_API_KEY}" \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -d '{
  "installationsIds": ['$ID'],
  "autoUpdate": {
    "core": "minor",
    "plugins": {
      "forceUpdates": false,
      "newlyInstalledUpdates": true,
      "updateVulnerable": true,
      "deactivateVulnerable": false
    },
    "themes": {
      "forceUpdates": false,
      "newlyInstalledUpdates": false,
      "updateVulnerable": true
    }
  }
}'

Hope that helps!

What might be useful to know is, is you can view any WP toolkit related actions for a WP instance in the action log. You should be able to find out if you did enable automatic updates, and if they are disabled that should be logged too.
Schermafbeelding 2024-05-01 121044.png

Back