• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Sitejet collections not displaying images

Salaupion

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
not sure (could not find the info), it is hosted by french provider ikoula.com
Plesk version and microupdate number
not sure (could not find the info), it is hosted by french provider ikoula.com
Hi there, sitejet discussions seem to be here (apologies if not)

i'm trying to use sitejet collections but anytime I try to use an image in a collection item, the image does not display properly. It looks like the link is correct when in preview/building mode but it is no longer good when published. There is "api.php" that gets added to the image link and the path changes as well.

It even dosen't work with the sitejet podcaster blog template with no modifications (I used it to replicate the bug). See attached screenshots.

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Bug_SitejetPlesk_1.png
    Bug_SitejetPlesk_1.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 3
  • No_Bug_Editor_SitejetPlesk_1.png
    No_Bug_Editor_SitejetPlesk_1.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 3
I can't replicate the issue you are having. When I install the Podcaster theme and publish it on my test website the images from the "collection" look the same as in the preview. Are you maybe using any browser plugins (like adblockers) that can cause the issue?

If you are still having issue I recommend posting the issue on the SiteJet community forum for help.

Many thanks Kaspar for trying. This is weird. I have the same problem using a mint Firefox, or Chrome install. I have implemented a test version here on a subdomain : http://chantier2.tinyplanets.fr/
It is the direct installation of the Podcaster theme. (sorry I have not yet updated the certificate to certify this subdomain).

Can you see the picture for each episode ? I attached a screenshot where you can see that the pictures do not show and the same is true for any of the computer/browsers combinations I have tested.

I'll try the SitJet community forum though.
Thanks.

Attachments

• PodcasterBug.png
    PodcasterBug.png
    82 KB · Views: 0
Exactly. The reason the images can't be displayed is because all images links get an extra /api.php at the begining of the generated path name. Once you remove the extra /api.php the link is correct.

I'll dig into the logs (and I have no specific firewall enabled). But I suspect that the error happens during the publishing process, since everthing works perfectly in the SiteJet builder.

No, actually the /api.php part in the link is correct. On my test domain the images use the /api.php part too and are shown correctly. However on your test domain the images return a 404 status. What I ment to explain in my previous post is that images exist on your server, because they are accessible with a direct link. So the 404 error is a bit strange.

But what I suspect is that the api.php renders/modifies the images. This is why I am curious if there are any errors in the error logs of the domain? Because there might be some PHP related error. Some things you can try to troubleshoot besides looking in the domains error log:
- Is PHP enabled for the domain? (if yes, try to switch to a different version)
- Is the Web Application Firewall enabled for the domain? (if yes, try to switch if off)

Got it. Digging into it. Thanks again. Will let you know if I get somewhere. Very oddly though, I just noticed that when I hit the reload page button in the browser, I can very briefly see the first image (and the same image replicated for all collection images) and then it disappears. It might be a confirmation of what you are suspecting about a php related error.

Got it.
Indeed, I have some errors in the logs (attached in the screenshot). I have tried different versions of php with no succes. (8.1.18, 8.1.28, 8.3.6)

I checked the following option "Serve static files directly by nginx" and it did it ! I'm not sure if there's any unwanted side effects though.
Many thanks Kaspar.

Attachments

• Access_Errors_Chantier2.png
    Access_Errors_Chantier2.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 3
Glad to read you've got it working :)

I checked the following option "Serve static files directly by nginx" and it did it ! I'm not sure if there's any unwanted side effects though.
There should not be any unwanted affects. The option means that static files (such as images) are directly served by Nginx instead of being proxied to Apache. It's probably better anyway.

Last edited:
Back