• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

15 character login restriction is not good!

T

Troy

We purchased SiteBuilder for General Server Publishing this week, and I finally got it configured and working today.

It looks nice, but we have a significant problem. We have a mixture of Plesk, Ensim and cPanel servers. Name-based sites on Ensim require that the admin login to ftp in the form [email protected].

This makes for long login names, and SiteBuilder's 15 character limit is too restrictive. Can you please remove that restriction, or at least make it much longer?

Also, can you make sure that the login will accept @, + and # characters also. (It might already, but I haven't gotten past the 15 character restriction to be sure).

I found out that passwords needs to be 6 or higher, even if the ftp password in plesk is only 5. And the @ is not allowed in passwords.

I'm told that there will be an update somewhere around December 15th, which will (probably among other things), address the login length issue.

That is very strange that problem exits in the last version of the Sitebuilder 3.02.
When we are using 2.x everything was fine but after the update its not possible to publish site anymore when login is [email protected].
Are there someone with the same problem ?
Or any ideas how can be fixed ?

Back