• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

1and1 Plesk Upgrade Woes

S

Scifience

Background Info:
I got an e-mail a few weeks back from 1and1 telling me to upgrade my server's version of Plesk to 7.1.6. After doing so, I was told I no longer had a valid license. I tried the manual upgrade as was suggested by the software, but since I don't know the e-mail address under which the license was issued, it didn't help.

I searched around on the web for a solution and came across a thread on these forums (http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19816&highlight=1and1) which suggested that 1and1 had already upgraded all licenses to 7.5 Reloaded. This made sense since Plesk was saying the license was invalid for my version.

I went ahead and upgraded to Plesk 7.5 Reloaded as a result. I still have the exact same problem about the invalid license, and 1and1 is now telling me that the problem is only because I tried to upgrade to 7.5. They are telling me that the only thing I can do is buy a license directly from Plesk or have them re-image my server.

I don't have the time to mess with restoring all my data, and I don't have the money to buy a license. But mainly, from reading the info here and elsewhere, it would seem that this is indeed an upgrade that I should be able to do without running into license issues. Additionally, 1and1 is including Plesk 7.5 on all new servers, so I don't seem why existing paying customers should not be able to upgrade. The thread I mentioned above (http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19816&highlight=1and1) has a number of posts indicating successful upgrades on 1and1 servers.

I don't want to go through phone call hell as some of the posters seemed to have to do in order to resolve the license issue. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is spending hours on the phone my only choice?

Thanks in advance :)

1and1 sent me a new key for Plesk 7.5 when I upgraded. It took me a while to get ahold of a support rep that would help me with my problem other than saying to reimage the server.

Originally posted by Jason Lee
1and1 sent me a new key for Plesk 7.5 when I upgraded. It took me a while to get ahold of a support rep that would help me with my problem other than saying to reimage the server.

Any tips for getting hold of such a support rep? A special e-mail address, maybe? Asking for a certain person when you call? Or is just continuing to call back the best idea?

Originally posted by Scifience
Any tips for getting hold of such a support rep? A special e-mail address, maybe? Asking for a certain person when you call? Or is just continuing to call back the best idea?

I just keep calling back.

quelle surpris - one and one recommend re-imaging the server - that's their solution to everything!

Originally posted by postman
quelle surpris - one and one recommend re-imaging the server - that's their solution to everything!

Its the easiest and fastest solution for them other than saying solve it yourself

Back