• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

2003 SP1 Fubars 7.0.3

S

sieb@

Just a warning. I just upgraded my 2003 server to SP1 and now most of the Plesk services get "access denied" errors when trying to start. I'm trying to roll back SP1. Going to go back to the test server and see what went wrong.

Rolling back didn't help. Plesk Reconfigurator now throws file permission errors.

"reconfigurator.checkPleskFileSecurity" threw exception.

I can't even force MySql up.

this is really annoying, what could be causing this? I just installs sp1 and some of the sites I host are unviewable now while others still work :confused:

rolled back from SP1 to get things back to normal. No patch from plesk yet.

It seems the tighter security setting changes that are made in SP1 causes some hiccups. After installing SP1 and reinstalling 7.0.3 I got stuff to come back up and my services to register correctly, but PHP doesn't work. Seems the permissions get changed somewhere, I haven't found where yet, but using PSAs PHP install gets 401.3 ACL errors on websites that use PHP. I got around this by just installing a standalone PHP install and telling IIS to use that until I can figure out PSA's problem. Finally got everything recovered, after 12 hours though.. ug.. :rolleyes:

is anyone's server locking up randomly? because mine has been ever since I installed SP1 :/ even though the sites were working after a few reboots, now it locked up again

Did anybody else install windows 2003 SP1 without having problems ???

I can't install SP1 because of a DELL software issue.
but when that is sorted out. what would the general recommendation be??

Update a existing box with 7.03 to SP1

Do a clean install of the server with SP1 and install a fresh copy of plesk v 7.5. then restore the domains from a backup.

We too have been plagued by a few servers having these issues. Thought we had this resolved by shutting off DEP (Properties of My Computer, Advanced, Performance Settings, DEP, and then set to essential Windows programs) -- nope that didn't do anything but make Windows even angrier! For now we have rolled back and patched to the latest and greatest, but this is truly another magnificent piece of work from MS to release something that breaks your existing environment. The only good thing that I can say is that new servers that are rolled with SP1 don't show these signs. I wonder if you can apply SP1 to an existing machine, go into Add/Remove, select 7.5, tell it to reinstall if it will overwrite the security settings in the registry along with preserving your existing setup? Gotta run ladies and gents....gotta do some testing.

Back