1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

32bit Expand, but want a 64bit Central DNS server

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.3 Distributed Services Topics (Mail, DNS, Databases)' started by WaDavid, Apr 17, 2009.

1. WaDavid

WaDavid Guest

Hi,

Currently our Expand server runs on a 32 bit OS, Centos 4.x. Back then expand was only released for 32bit. We want to migrate our Central DNS servers to new machines, and we need this to be on 64 bit machines.

My question is, do we first need to migrate Expand to a 64bit OS before we can add a 64bit DNS server as a Central DNS server to expand for it to work?

I would like it if we don't need to.

The target machine will most probably be Centos 5.3 x64, we only have hardware with 16gig ram in the DC so I don't see the reason to install a 32bit OS on these.

2. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    Do you want to install Virtuozzo or VMware to the hardware node?

3. WaDavid

WaDavid Guest

No, all of the servers will run on physical hardware.

Expand is on a physical server of its own,
    as well as both the CDNS servers are on physical servers of their own seperately, even on different network uplinks.

We are moving the CDNS servers to new hardware which will be on a 64 bit OS, either Centos 4 or Centos 5.

4. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    You can use 32- and 64-bit Expand and CDNS servers in any combination.