• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

4.0 Hotfix 1 install error

N

norad

cannot connect sql server , check connection strings.

comments my sql server is a remote server

Hello

Can you explain the problem in details (step by step), like:
I have downloaded file %file%, launch it, selected following params and see the following error, etc...?

Thanks

downloaded file "sitebuilder-4.0.0_build070801.253_hf1.exe"
open file

got this error popup , didnot ask for any input data

cannot connect to sqlserver , check connectionsstrings

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tried to install spanish localization file below, didnot ask for any input data

downloaded file "LocPack_es.msi"
open file
error occured while updating sitebuilder database, installation not complete

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1013
Date: 8/15/2007
Time: 6:50:17 AM
User: NORAD12\Administrator
Computer: NORAD12
Description:
Product: SWsoft Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows -- 1: Cannot connect to the server. Please check your connection settings and verify that SQL server is in the correct state.

Event ID: 11720
Time: 6:50:20 AM
Description:
Product: SWsoft Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action CheckDB script error -2147467259, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Line 1274, Column 6,

Event ID: 1024
Time: 6:50:20 AM
Description:
Product: SWsoft Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows - Update 'SWsoft SiteBuilder 4.0.0 for Windows HotFix 1' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Windows Installer can create logs to help troubleshoot issues with installing software packages. Use the following link for instructions on turning on logging support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=23127

Are you using MS SQL 2005 express locally installed or other MS SQL server? What's the connection settings to this SQL server?

What parameters do you specify during installation for SQL connection?

the connections settings were manualy edited in the web.config file, there is a bug in the install routine , that screws up the settings , the fix is in hotfix1 , in which I cannot install

So can anyone tell me where , the hotfix1 ,templates,repair, pickup the sql settings from ??

Back