• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

401 Unauthorised Error

N

nandu_n

I purchased a new Windows VPS from a provider but I'm unable to access the pages after uploading the files.

The PLESK default page works fine but not the ASP.NET pages.

I'm getting the following error message

Unauthorized
Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

I checked the IIS default pages and
Can anybody help me as to how to fix this?

Regards,
Nandu

Here are some steps you can follow (It assumes that you have ASP.NET extension allowed in IIS mmc Web services extensions and your ASP.NET works -- you can check event logs for possible errors):

1. Try Plesk Reconfigurator (Start->All Programs-SWsoft->Plesk Reconfigurator-> Repair Plesk installation->check File Security)
2. If above step has not helped:
Start->Run->cmd
cd %plesk_dir%
websrvmng --remove-vhost --vhost-name=your_domain_name_which_doesn't_works
a).In IIS mmc right click domain -> Click Properties->Click Directory Security Tab->Click Change
b).Ensure that anonymous access is selected
c). Ensure that IUSR_domain_user account is selected for access
d). Ensure that Windows integrated authentications is selected

4).
a).Click Start-> My Computer
b). type %plesk_vhosts%->click enter
c). Right click domain-> Click Sharing and Security-> Click Security Tab-> Click Advanced
d). Ensure following ACL schema is applied:
(Note: Domain user is an account you've created for domain user to access ftp)
Domain user Read and Execute not inherited for this folder,and subfolders
Administrator Full Control not inherited for this folder,and subfolders and files
System Full Control not inherited for this folder,and subfolders and files
Domain user Full Control not inherited for subfolders and files
Domain User Special not inherited for this folder only (will be detailed later)
Plesk IIS WP USER (Machine\IWAM_application_pool) Read not inherited for files only
Plesk IIS WP USER (Machine\IWAM_application_pool) Read and Execute not inherited for this folder,and subfolders
Plesk IIS USER (Machine\IUSR_domain_user) Read not inherited for files only
Plesk IIS USER (Machine\IUSR_domain_user) Read and Execute not inherited for this folder,and subfolders
FPSE_xxxxx(Machine\FPSE_xxxxx) Read not inherited for files only
FPSE_xxxxx(Machine\FPSE_xxxxx) Read and Execute not inherited for this folder,and subfolders

(Note: the last two permissions present only if you have MS Front Page allowed for domain)
Read Attributes
Read Extended Attributes
Create Files/Write Data
Create Folders/Append Data
Read Permissions
c) Click Users->In right pane right-click IUSR_domain user->Click reset password->type desired password ->click OK
6. If above steps have not helped.
a).Backup Domain using Plesk backup (Start->All Programs-SWsoft->Plesk backup->Ensure only that one domain checked-> Click Start) Ensure domain successfully backed up!!!!!
c). Restore domain from backup (Start->All Programs-SWsoft->Plesk restore-> select backup for domain->select by domains option-> Click next-> Ensure domain binded to right IP-> click next-> Ensure Keep current key option selected-> If you have MSSQL database enter user login and password-> Click Start
d) Restart IIS
7. If above steps haven't helped apply to SWsoft Inc.,:)

John S.G.

One more step

The sub-authentication component, Iissuba.dll, is not enabled by default in IIS 6.0. In earlier versions, Iissuba.dll allowed IIS to manage passwords on anonymous accounts, which created a potential security risk. In IIS 6.0, you can use sub-authentication to manage passwords for anonymous accounts by meeting the following requirements:

For applications which you assign anonymous access, the worker process runs as LocalSystem.
The sub-authentication component, Iissuba.dll, is registered.
The AnonymousPasswordSynch metabase property is enabled (set to true).

John S.G.:)

my friends have a problem. When you change the site via ftp password plesk panel "Access is denied due to invalid credentials." gives error. ftp user name or change the panel gives the same error, but reconfig did not solve the problem. My respect for you would be happy to help.

When I run plesk reconfigurator on My Windows 2008 R2 Plesk 9.5.0 I recive the following error

Faulting application name: reconfigurator.exe, version: 9.500.3718.21777, time stamp: 0x4b934242
Faulting module name: psaobsolete.dll, version: 9.500.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b934bb9
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00330e5b
Faulting process id: 0x1554
Faulting application start time: 0x01caedc7374d1da0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\reconfigurator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\psaobsolete.dll
Report Id: 7d44f300-59ba-11df-af73-00e08178c4ab

Back