• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.1.6 - 7.5.0 database problem

T

the_raverX

OK, after quite a few issues upgrading PSA 7.1.6 to 7.5.0 I managed to get it all working..

Problem mainly was that I had been using AtomicRocketTurtle's updates, which all fell to pieces when I tried to update.

I read in the forums to do rpm -Uvh --just-db or something on the main PSA RPM, which I did (only have 7.5.0 rpm i used that, then forced install of that)..

now it looks like i've managed to omit a DB upgrade .. as when I went into the Mail->Mailing Lists section I got this:

ERROR
Up LevelUp Level
Unable to query: Table 'psa.exp_event' doesn't exist
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:2 psaerror(string "Unable to query: Table 'psa.exp_event' doesn't exist")
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-rpc/loger.php:2 db_query(string "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM exp_event WHERE event_type = 'terminated' AND obj_class = 'dns_zone' AND source = 'plesk'")
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.ActionLog.php:1 log_event(string "dns_zone", string "raverx.org", string "updated")
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.dnsmng.php:2 actionlog->submit()
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.dnsmng.php:2 logdnszoneupdate(string "domain", integer "106", string "raverx.org")
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.DSMailLists.php:2 dnsmng->updatedomain(integer "106", string "raverx.org")
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.DSMailLists.php:2 dsmaillists->update()
7: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/maillists/maillists.php:2 dsmaillists->create()

Any ideas what I can do to fix?

In 'psa' database's 'misc' table what does the "version" field say?

version 0750

i would say by that it half updated the db?? i do have a backup from last nite of the psa database if i needed to restore it..

It's updated the DB then. Did you get any error messages after the initial upgrade?

===> Reading /etc/psa/psa.conf ...

Trying to stop MySQL server... done

ERROR while trying to stop MySQL server
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_7.5.0_RedHat_el3_build75041208.19_upgrade.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %pre(psa-7.5.0-rhel3.build75041208.19) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-7.5.0-rhel3.build75041208.19
Generate public/private keys pair for server ...
domain_bu: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
domain_bu: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Can't connect to MySQL database: No such file or directory
Can't connect to MySQL database: No such file or directory
Server keys generating done
===> Reading /etc/tomcat4/tomcat4.conf ...
===> Updating /etc/psa/psa.conf...

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Key register failed
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.81598: line 18824: 18484 Terminated /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/installer/api/install_db.php
error: %post(psa-api-rpc-1.3.2-3) scriptlet failed, exit status 143
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpsdctl stop: httpd stopped
Stopping Plesk: [ OK ]

uninstall_post.sh

ok, chased through that last script and ran it .. seems to have fixed everything

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/installer/api/install_db.php

thanx for your help, helped point me in the right direction :)

Back