• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.1 -> 7.5.2: Mailman Webfrontend down

G

glaser

Hi,

I migrated from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2. on SuSE 9.1.
After I have fixed the quota/usermng-Bug final everything does well, except mailman:

If I want to access the webfrontend via:

http://lists.mydomain.tpl/mailman/admin

the following error-message shows up:

---------------

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Content-type: text/html

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Mailman experienced a very low level failure and could not even generate a
useful traceback for you. Please report this to the Mailman administrator at
this site.

--------------

I found no corresponding messages in the logs. The lists theirself are still working fine (mails to the list will be delivered), only the frontend seems to be down.

Any idea? Thanks!

I have the same problem with mailman and no solution.

-Ian

I found the solution!

Just install python-xml package.
Everything is fine now...

Originally posted by glaser
I found the solution!

I have the same situation in FreeBSD 4.9, but: Do I have to install the package from the ports or should come as an Plesk component/update?

Thanks

Sorry, I do know nothing about FreeBSD, but python-xml does not come with plesk-updater (at least not with plesk on suse), so you have to install it from the ports (whatever 'from the ports' does mean)

I installed it on SuSE via rpm.

Sorry, I do know nothing about FreeBSD, but python-xml does not come with plesk-updater (at least not with plesk on suse), so you have to install it from the ports (whatever 'from the ports' does mean)

I installed it on SuSE via rpm.

Thanks for your response. Ports is the mechanism used to manage third party software in BSD.

Any Plesk + FreeBSD user has solved this situation?

Thanks again.

I'm running Plesk 7.5.2 also on FreeBSD 4.9, i''ve had the same problems with the web frontend, but solved that with:
/usrl/local/psa/mailman/check_perms -f

But now I've problems with the mail delivery from mailman, any mail send to a mailinglist doesn't show up, and seems to be dissapeared.

Somebody got some sugestions to this?

Maurice

I've got it solved:

chmod +x /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/*

did the trick...

Hi,

The mailman webfront is up now, but any message sent to any list is not delivered. I tried the previous tip but I already had +x perms in /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/*. I've just found that all files under /usr/local/psa/mailman are owned by user root, group 91 (unexistent group) but I think that should be mailman:mailman. Can any one please tell me the user and group owners of the files in /usr/local/psa/mailman dir? I'm using Plesk 7.5.1.

Thank you in advance.

It did deliver mail til a couple of days back, now everything got stuck in the qfiles/ dir.

when I give a valid shell to user mailman ( /usr/local/bin/bash ) en su to user mailman, and start the qrunner script manualy like:
/usr/local/psa/python2.2/bin/python2.2 -S /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner

it instantly delivers the messages that where waiting in the /usr/local/psa/mailman/qfiles/ dir.

But it doesn't do anything from crontab which is running,

/var/log/cron grep:
Apr 5 22:17:00 bravo /usr/sbin/cron[57243]: (mailman) CMD (/usr/local/psa/python2.2/bin/python2.2 -S /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner)

strange isn't it? anyone got some help for me?

Originally posted by unixlibre
Hi,

The mailman webfront is up now, but any message sent to any list is not delivered. I tried the previous tip but I already had +x perms in /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/*. I've just found that all files under /usr/local/psa/mailman are owned by user root, group 91 (unexistent group) but I think that should be mailman:mailman. Can any one please tell me the user and group owners of the files in /usr/local/psa/mailman dir? I'm using Plesk 7.5.1.

Thank you in advance.

It seems to be solved. For some reason I have a user mailman and group mailman both with id 41. The files in the mailman dir (/usr/local/psa/mailman) were owned by root:91, but changing MAILMAN_UID and MAILMAN_GID from current values (91, don't know why, maybe default?) to the correct values (41) in Mailman/Defaults.py and running check_perms -f solved the problem. I've successfuly posted a couple of test to the lists.

Hope this helps.
Best regards.

to unixlibre:

edit your /etc/group manualy and change the mailman entry with GID 91, instead of 41.

but probably this doesn't solve your problem for not delivering mail to subscribed users. let me know if you solve that one...

Originally posted by aaargh
It did deliver mail til a couple of days back, now everything got stuck in the qfiles/ dir.

when I give a valid shell to user mailman ( /usr/local/bin/bash ) en su to user mailman, and start the qrunner script manualy like:
/usr/local/psa/python2.2/bin/python2.2 -S /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner

it instantly delivers the messages that where waiting in the /usr/local/psa/mailman/qfiles/ dir.

But it doesn't do anything from crontab which is running,

/var/log/cron grep:
Apr 5 22:17:00 bravo /usr/sbin/cron[57243]: (mailman) CMD (/usr/local/psa/python2.2/bin/python2.2 -S /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner)

strange isn't it? anyone got some help for me?

Indeed, that was my problem: Cron scripts did not work, because of those weird file ownerships. As I wrote in my previous post, I solved fixing the uid/guid in Mailman/Defaults.py and running check_perms -f; maybe can work for you.

Best regards.

not really, i've changed the mailman crontab to mail me error/output, and now he's sending me this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 276, in ?
lock.lock(timeout=0.5)
File "/usr/home/builder/pb_work_dir/psa_aiconfig_7.5.2/psa/release/dist/usr/local/psa/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 219, in lock
File "/usr/home/builder/pb_work_dir/psa_aiconfig_7.5.2/psa/release/dist/usr/local/psa/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 350, in __write
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/psa/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.bravo.aaargh-infotainment.nl.59065'

Originally posted by aaargh
not really, i've changed the mailman crontab to mail me error/output, and now he's sending me this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 276, in ?
lock.lock(timeout=0.5)
File "/usr/home/builder/pb_work_dir/psa_aiconfig_7.5.2/psa/release/dist/usr/local/psa/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 219, in lock
File "/usr/home/builder/pb_work_dir/psa_aiconfig_7.5.2/psa/release/dist/usr/local/psa/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 350, in __write
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/psa/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.bravo.aaargh-infotainment.nl.59065'

First thought: You can't create lock files on that dir. Sorry to ask again, but have you checked permissions on /usr/local/psa/mailman/locks? Shoud be rwxrwsr-xm group owned by mailman.

drwxrwsr-x 2 root mailman 512 Apr 5 23:03 locks

look the same...

I found the solution!

I had the same problem on SuSE 9.1 that the webfrontend was down. After installing python-xml the webfronted was up. But only when i try to access my archives i get a 404 error.

Is there someone who know how to fix this ?

Back