• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.1 Upgrade Successful? Maybe...

I

ikarumbah

After upgrading from 7.1.6 to 7.5.1 port 8443 still displays the old version 7 login page and the following anomalies:

1) After typing in the user name and password and clicking the Login button it takes about 45 sec. to 1 min. to display the control panel. This never happened before the upgrade.

2) After control panel displays, the left navigation does not display the Module icon.

3) Viruozzo icon and link still display in left nav and the Login to VZPP icon under Services does not display.

4) After navigating within Plesk, intermittently the CSS refresh on the left nav panel fails and only unformatted HTML links and a white background display.

This seems like a failed install, even though the Plesk Updater log indicated a successful update.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I've had this happen on two separate servers with Fedora Core 1.

Are there additional browser settings I'm overlooking in IE or Mozilla that need to be set for this new upgrade? Or is there something running under the control panel that’s causing this problem?

Any insight would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Lee

>> After upgrading from 7.1.6 to 7.5.1 port 8443 still displays the old version 7 login page and the following anomalies:

That's just Virtuozzo - the login page isn't anything to do with Plesk, it's just Virtuozzo stealing control of port 8443.

1) After typing in the user name and password and clicking the Login button it takes about 45 sec. to 1 min. to display the control panel. This never happened before the upgrade.

Pleks 7.5.1 bug.

2) After control panel displays, the left navigation does not display the Module icon.

I'm not sure about this.

3) Viruozzo icon and link still display in left nav and the Login to VZPP icon under Services does not display.

On 'System Services' there's no such link in correct install.

4) After navigating within Plesk, intermittently the CSS refresh on the left nav panel fails and only unformatted HTML links and a white background display.

Network issues?

What does rpm -q psa say? What about /usr/local/psa/version?

Hi Cranky,

Thanks for the reply. :)

I've discoved that logging in under Port 8443 is just plain buggy in 7.5.1. I started to use port 8880 instead at the suggestion of a Plesk Platinum support partner. But the downside is you can't use HTTPS. So the 7.5 login screen appears correctly under this port and after logging in, the control panel behaves like it's suppose to, but you don't have SSL enabled for your control panel session.

I have found out that the missing Module icon on the left nav when logging in under port 8443 is a bug. That leads me to your question about the version number in /usr/local/psa/version: 7.5.1 FedoraCore 1 75041216.14
It looks like the upgrade was successful.

I have also started using port 4643 to log into the VZPP directly. This is a much better experience and SSL works too. However, if you click the Plesk Control Panel link in the left nav panel, you'll exerience a buggy control panel under port 8443.

Ugh...does anyone know when this 7.5.1 version will all be fixed?

Lee

Back