1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

7.5.2 Installation Problem on SuSE 9.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by HSKComputer, Feb 14, 2005.

1. HSKComputer

HSKComputer Guest

Hello,

I´m trying to install Plesk 7.5.2 on a new SuSE 9.1 Installation. First I used Plesk Auto Installer (Download from SW-Soft psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75041129.17_os_SuSE_9.1_i686), but I always received following error:

./psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75041129.17_os_SuSE_9.1_i686: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by ./psa_installer_v2.0.0_build75041129.17_os_SuSE_9.1_i686)

In my opinion, the Auto Installer requires libc.so.6 version 'GLIBC_2.3.4', but the version that comes with SuSE 9.1 is GLIBC 2.3.2.

Second I tried the manual installation, but I got similar errors when I tried to install the different psa_xxx.rpm packages.

I don´t want to update GLIBC to 2.3.4 because there´s no offical update from SuSE.

Is there any other way to install Plesk 7.5.2, perhaps another version of Plesk Auto Installer?

Greetings Alexander

2. HSKComputer

HSKComputer Guest

Hello,

finally I could solve the problem on my own. I used a wrong version of SuSE. The standard version of GLIBC in SuSE 9.1 is GLIBC 2.3.3. And with this version it´s no problem to install Plesk with the auto-installer.

Greetings Alexander