1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

7.5.2 Permissions Reset Utility

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by seanstephens, Feb 7, 2005.

1. seanstephens

seanstephens Guest

Due to a total late-night-need-to-get-this-working moment of stupidity, I mistakenly used a Chmod -R and reset all of the permissions from home/ on down on one of my Plesk servers. Du'h

As it happens, when I upgraded from 7.5.1->7.5.2, it "fixed" permissions (at the time, I was unhappy).

Is there a way, on a current version of 7.5.2, to reset all of the permissions on Plesk?

2. keith_h

keith_h Guest

Anyone? I too have perpetrated a late night finger error and need to reset permissions.

3. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

I think that there is a utility called mkchk or something like that that can reset all permissions on the PLESK files, but I don't know if that will help with the system files?

4. keith_h

keith_h Guest

Interesting. Where does one obtain said utility?

5. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

It is located in:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk

6. Traged1

Traged1 Guest

You will also want to run the websrvmng -a command I think to rebuild the apache stuff properly.

7. keith_h

keith_h Guest

Thanks.