• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.2 upgrade help

S

slickpat

I have been trying to upgrade to 7.5.2 but it fails i get an email which states.

Installing perl-CGI-2.81-88.7.i386.rpm
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Apache.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Carp.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Cookie.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Fast.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::pretty.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::push.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Switch.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
file /usr/share/man/man3/CGI::Util.3pm.gz from install of perl-CGI-2.81-88.7 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art

You've installed ART's perl packages and it has broken dependencies. You can probably fix them by --force'ing the default perl RPM's for your distro, then running the installer again. Apache::ASP will not work with ART's RPM's, but otherwise they seem fine.

I had the same problem but didn't know I had installed Art's stuff.

How do you fix this? I cannot use the updater until this is fixed.

Can I run this?
yum remove perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art

and then run the updater within plesk?

Hi,

This is what my server support did:

All right, I did a force install of the two perl packages that were conflicting:

cd /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/RHel3_std.updates
rpm -ivh --force perl-CGI-2.81-88.7.i386.rpm
rpm -ivh --force perl-DB_File-1.804-88.7.i386.rpm

The update seems to have worked after this.. if there are any future problems, the next thing we could try is completely removing perl and all the packages dependant on it and reinstalling them with standard versions.

I hope this helps!

We are still waiting on plesk to answer how to completely remove art's perl from the server. When I tried yum remove perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art

it said it was not on my system so nothing needed to be erased but it was clearly there.

rpm -qa
krb5-libs-1.2.7-38
krb5-workstation-1.2.7-38
perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
daemontools-0.70-1.rhel3.art
perl-DBI-1.32-9

You can see that the perl is on the server.

[root@godslove root]# yum remove perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
Server: CentOS-3 - Addons
Server: CentOS-3 - Base
Server: CentOS-3 - Extras
Server: CentOS-3 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Erase: No matches for perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
No actions to take

Now, it says "no matches"... know how to get this off?

When you use the -e extension with rpm, you do not give the full rpm filename you are removing... only the program name.
Like, don't use rpm -e perl-5.8.5-9.rhel3.art
Use rpm -e perl

Of course, you'd probably also have to use the --force and --nodeps extension, sicne perl would have dependancies.

But since you got it sorted by forcing an install, this is not of much concern to you... but the -e thing goes across the board, and not just for perl (like, to remove the psa spamassassin support plugin, you don't include the version or anything, just use rpm -e psa-spamassassin).

When I tried yum remove perl it was going to remove all the perl from every program so stopped...guess I'm not understanding how to remove just one program. I understand what you said but didn't want to remove all the other perls.

Back