• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.3 QMail not running?

R

rescamilla

With the upgrade from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 I was hoping that the problem with starting up the "IMAP/POP3 Server (Courier-IMAP)" service via the SERVER/SERVICE MANAGEMENT console would have been corrected.

I still cannot start up the "IMAP/POP3 Server (Courier-IMAP)" service -AND- now the "SMTP Server (QMail)" does not show to be running or as stopped (by looking at the play and stop buttons).

Anybody else?

-Ray

It works properly for me on FreeBSD 5.3/Plesk 5.3 now (I had the same problem with IMAP stating it was off in the control panel, even though it was enabled).

Note to those using FreeBSD: The upgrade will kill your syslog daemon, and not restart it. You probably wont notice, except spamassassin will refuse to start (even though it says its enabled in the control panel) until you restart syslog again.

Anyway, just reboot after the upgrade I guess, to make sure everything restarts correctly.

I'm going to paste the error message here, so those that search the forum will find this post:

Plesk: pgsql has been started
unix dgram connect: No such file or directory at /usr/local/psa/spamassassin/bin/spamd line 310
getservbyname failed for tcp at /usr/local/psa/spamassassin/bin/spamd line 318
udp connect: nobody listening at /usr/local/psa/spamassassin/bin/spamd line 318
failed to setlogsock(unix) on this platform; reporting logs to stderr
unix dgram connect: No such file or directory at /usr/local/psa/spamassassin/bin/spamd line 310
getservbyname failed for tcp at /usr/local/psa/spamassassin/bin/spamd line 318
udp connect: nobody listening at /usr/local/psa/spamassassin/bin/spamd line 318
failed to setlogsock(unix) on this platform; reporting logs to stderr
Plesk: SpamAssassin has been started

My email server doesnt seem to be running either. That or its just messed up all of my clients including me are getting "554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0)
" research that i have done on this with google says its a problem with either spam assasin or qmail... well thats obvious... .

I opened a ticket with sw-soft and we will see where that goes but i dont expect to get an answer from them.

all services show to be up and normal. no errors (except for the failed first installation this morning) everything has been fine since then so i thought. then customers started calling me saying email wasnt working.

So, does it say anything in the mail log when you send a test message, etc?

(it's at /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog on freebsd).

Are you using DrWeb? What happens if you disable DrWeb through the control panel? (left side button: server, service management icon).

What about any messages in /var/log/messages ?

Finally, here's a tip: It's kinda important to specify what platform you're running on, because sometimes bugs in Plesk are platform specific. Some things work on Fedora, but not in FreeBSD, some things work fine in FreeBSD but not in RedHat, etc... you get the idea. But right now, I have no idea what platform you're running.

Originally posted by rescamilla
I still cannot start up the "IMAP/POP3 Server (Courier-IMAP)" service -AND- now the "SMTP Server (QMail)" does not show to be running or as stopped (by looking at the play and stop buttons).

Exact same issue here. anybody know what is going on?

Originally posted by rescamilla

I too am having the identical problem. Prior to the 7.5.3 upgrade, it was only an issue with the IMP/POP3 Server not working through the Plesk control panel. But since the upgrade, I also have the issue with SMTP Server (QMail ) now also has all buttons grayed out (even though the service is running.)

Any ideas?

thanks,
elaine

We've contacted our developers and received answer that this is specific Plesk for Virtuozzo issue, it happens because qmail status is always 'running' according to it's starting script. It doesn't affect Qmail's functionality and it will be fixed in Plesk 7.5.4 . Please refer to our website for announcement about the new patch.

Got the above reply from support. Seems like a cop out to me. It should be fixed NOW!

Jason

I agree. And actually the POP issue has been in existence since version 7.1 and has still not been addressed.

Even though it doesn't affect the servers ability to perform its tasks (Qmail and POP), it does affect the Plesk control panel usability. And since Plesk is nothing more than a control panel interface for things you can do at the command line, it makes sense that they would want to have these issues working.

Hopefully they address both of these issues soon.

elaine

Indeed. I have seen this issue in various issues; it seemed to be fine in 7.5.2, but then it got broken again. A common thing around these parts it seems. Surely there is some sort of workaround like there is for most Plesk / VZ issues

Back