• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.5 Upgrade Problem

T

tealnet

We upgraded to 7.5.5 and now our login page is broken. It looks like it's getting stuck on login_up.php3. The top frame loands and it seems to get past login.php3 then we get a "Page Cannot be Displayed" on the login_up.php3. Any idea what might be causing this?

Javascript? In v7.5.5 they integrated script that will not give you access to entire page untill it's completely loaded... Try with other browser.

I just tried it with Firefox and I got virtually the same problem... Instead of the page cannot be displayed, I get "The document contains no data" in the bottom frame.

I've tried this on several computers myself and none of our customers can bring up the login page.

Please try these steps:
1. Try Plesk Reconfigurator (Start ->All Programs->SWsoft->Plesk Reconfigurator->Repair Plesk Installation)
2. Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Plesk 7.5.5 for Windows->Repair
3. Regedit->Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\PSA Key-> ensure that user MachineName\psaadm has at least read permissions to each subtree
4. Check Computer Management, does service Plesk Control Panel and Plesk Management services started (also you can check it by black X in tray). Try restart them. If there will be any error as temporary measure you can assign authority to start service to Local System (Not recommended)
5. Check any errors in event logs

You can also provide additional information (error description)
John S.G.

I've tried the reconfigurator which completes with no errors on any of the checks. Before that I had tried removing and reinstalling the 7.5.5 patch and also doing the repair.

The registry entries you mentioned all seem to have the appropriate permissions.

All the plesk services start fine and there are no errors in the event log. All the webs and e-mail accounts are working fine as well. It's just that no one can get the main login screen to manage their accounts.

Name resolution is fine. Trying localhost and 127.0.0.1 from the console results in the exact same problem where the bottom frame says the page cannot be displayed.

There is some function in the login_up.php3 file that is failing. I can see it process login.php3 and then go to login_up.php3 but those files are encrypted so I don't know what they're trying to do.

You are not the only one suffering from this issue.

Our freshly upgraded Plesk Windows server is also having this.

Originally posted by paulwilson159
You are not the only one suffering from this issue.

Our freshly upgraded Plesk Windows server is also having this.

It turns out that the database update did not get done during the upgrade so we were missing a bunch of tables and database updates.

This thread helped fix most of our problem:

http://forums.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?threadid=24038

The only other thing I think we had to do was correct the "page_size" fields in the "listsparams" table and reset them all to 25 because a lot of them were blank.

There could be one more solution.
If you tried to change Control Panel login welcome message (C:\Program Files\Plesk\admin\plib\locale\messages_en.php3) and accidentally not closed quotation mark before/after your message, the login page won't load. Insted you'll get blank page.

Back